Hi there! Today I have a quick & easy birthday card using dies, punches and stamps that you probably already have on hand. This card is so easy and very versatile, you could easily switch up the colors according to your needs.
For the candles on the front, all you need is the smallest rectangle from the Stitched Rectangle Dies. I used the 6″ x 6″ In Color Designer Series Paper with the polka dots on it, I thought those dots just screamed birthday candles. You could easily use one of the Brights, Neutrals, Regals or Subtles 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper with the polka dots on it for your color palette.
For the candle flame I used the leaf part of the Apple Builder Punch. To make the flames really pop I brushed Clear Wink of Stella all over them.
The background speckles are stamped from the sand stamp in the Waterfront Stamp Set and the sentiment is from the Under My Umbrella Stamp Set both stamped in Smoky Slate ink. To really give this card a bit of dimension I popped the candles and flames and then popped the whole thing up on the card base.
Here is a different angle so you can see the dimension on this card…
(Don’t forget to see the complete product showcase at the bottom of this post)
Whisper White Cardstock: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
Die Cutting & Making Your Candles:
1. Die cut your background base rectangle and your candles. See picture below for reference.
2. To make the flames punch out 4 leaves using the Apple Builder Punch in So Saffron Cardstock.
3. Apply Clear Wink of Stella Glitter to the flames and set aside to dry.
1. Fold your Whisper White card base in half and burnish with your Bone Folder.
2. Stamp the sand from the Waterfront Stamp Set in Smoky Slate ink and stamp the outer edge of the front of your card until you have a think border all the way around your card. (You don’t need to cover the center because you will cover that with your candle rectangle.)
1. Put Stampin’ Dimensionals on the back of your candles and flames.
2. Center the candles in the rectangle base, it’s easy to line them up by placing a ruler down and then lining the candles above that. Adhere flames to the card after your candles are on.
3. Stamp the sentiment from the Under My Umbrella Stamp Set in Smoky Slate ink onto the rectangle base.
4. Pop the whole thing up on your card with more Stampin’ Dimensionals and you’re done!
Printable Instructions! I have included the PDF tutorial instructions so that you can print them and take them with you if you would like to. Here’s the handy dandy printable (click here).
Thank you so much for stopping by. Please fill out the form below to sign up for my newsletter so that you don’t miss out on important updates and projects. Newsletter subscribers also receive exclusive projects and information.
Don’t miss out on these other great offers!
Bonus Days Coupon Offer
July 2020 Paper Pumpkin Kit
(Click Here for Details)
July Host Code & Free Gift