Today’s card features a fun, new way to use ribbon. I saw another demonstrator post something similar recently on Facebook and thought it would be fun to try to replicate it. I struggle sometimes with finding new and fun ways to use ribbon and I just love the dimension that this technique gives to this card. I hope you’ll give this technique a try soon.
See the picture tutorial below for quick and easy instructions on how to create this look.
Once you finish your border, all you have to do is add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the strip and adhere it to the card. The dimensionals not only give the piece a boost but they also create another layer of adhesive to secure the ribbon in place.
(Don’t forget to see the complete product showcase at the bottom of this post)
Cut Your Paper:
Old Olive Card Base: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
Floral DSP Layer: 3″ x 5 1/2″
(2) Whisper White Pieces: 1/2″ x 6″
Whisper White Piece for Sentiment: 3/4″ x 4 1/4″
1. Use the border die with the circles from the Ornate Thanks Bundle and run the 2 Whisper White Pieces through your die cutting machine to cut your borders. Try to put the dies as close to the edge as possible, you want a bit of white left on the edge to put some Snail Adhesive on.
2. Put Snail Adhesive on your white edge of your 2 Whisper White borders that you just cut and adhere the Floral DSP layer to the top of these border pieces.
3. Apply Snail Adhesive to the back of the Floral DSP Layer and White Border combination and adhere to the front center of the card as shown in the example.
4. Secure your Whisper White Piece for your sentiment on your Stamparatus with your magnet. Position the stamps on your Whisper White Piece and once you are satisfied with the positioning, put the Stamparatus place on the stamps to secure them in place.
5. Ink up your stamps with your Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and stamp.
6. Apply a line of Snail Adhesive to the center of the back of your sentiment piece.
7. Layer your ribbon on the back using a swooping motion ensuring to overlap the ribbon slightly with each pass. (see photo instructions above for reference)
8. Once you have applied as much as you would like, use your Paper Snips to snip off the end of the ribbon.
9. Apply Stamping Dimensionals to the back of the sentiment strip and apply to the front center of the card as shown and you’re done!
Printable Instructions! I have included the PDF tutorial instructions so that you can print them and take them with you if you would like to. Here’s the handy dandy printable (click here).
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and alternate way to use up that ribbon supply. I will have much more later this week so be sure to tune in frequently to see more inspiration. If you haven’t already, follow my blog by e-mail so you don’t miss a single post.