Today’s card is one of my very favorites that I have made recently. I love how it was not only quick and easy to put together but how striking it is. The Early Espresso and Gold Foil really play well off of each other. It probably took me about 10 minutes at most to put this card together once I had the design in my head.
I got the inspiration from a card that I saw in the new Annual Catalog (you’ll know which card I’m talking about when you see it). I wish I could share the new catty with you but trust me, you’re going to love it! I hope you are as excited about it as I am.
Anyway, back to this gorgeous card. This would make a great teacher appreciation card with the end of the school year coming up. Even though our teachers are not able to see their students in person, they are still working very hard behind the scenes and would love to receive a sweet thank you card.
The basic technique for this card is to use a layer as the base for your design. You heat emboss with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder onto the Early Espresso layer and then add your hearts and then trim the excess. To finish it off and add some dimension, you pop the whole thing up with Stampin’ Dimensionals on to your Early Espresso card base. Easy peasy.
Here’s a different angle so you can see the dimension and embossing a bit closer…
(Don’t forget to see the complete product showcase at the bottom of this post)
Cut Your Paper:
1. Early Espresso Card Base: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
2. Early Espresso Card Layer: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″
3. (6) Floral Hearts (punched from the Heart Punch Pack)
4. (6) Gold Foil Hearts (punched from the Heart Punch Pack)
1. Secure your Early Espresso Card Layer on to your Stamparatus with your magnet. Position the stamps toward the bottom center as shown in the example and once you are satisfied with the positioning, put the Stamparatus place on the stamps to secure them in place.
2. Ink up the stamps with Versamark and stamp. Sprinkle with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder and flick the paper to remove any excess powder. Set with your Heat Tool.
1. Adhere the 6 Floral Hearts to the 6 Gold Foil Hearts using Snail Adhesive.
2. Position the hearts as shown in the example and adhere with Snail Adhesive. It is easiest to start with your center hearts and work from there. (see photo below for reference)
3. Once your hearts are adhered to the Early Espresso Layer, flip it over and trim the excess heart pieces away using your Paper Snips.
4. Apply a bunch of Stampin’s Dimensionals (and I mean a bunch!) to the back of your Early Espresso Layer and adhere it to your Early Espresso Card Base and you’re done!
Printable Instructions! I have included the PDF tutorial instructions so that you can print them and take them with you if you would like to. Here’s the handy dandy printable (click here).
I hope you have enjoyed this card and this fun tutorial! I will have much more later this week so be sure to tune in frequently to see more inspiration. If you haven’t already, follow my blog by e-mail so you don’t miss a single post.