For today’s sketch I decided to make this fun birthday card. I love all of the bright colors and the fact that it really could be used for any sort of celebration, birthday, anniversary, retirement, etc. Also, it’s gender neutral and can really be given to anyone at any age!
(Today’s Card Sketch courtesy of Studio Calico Sketch)
This is the sketch that I used for today’s card creation. As you can see I flipped the decoration and sentiment to the left side of the card. I love how you can use a basic card sketch and really make it your own.
Here’s a close-up of my card…
For this card I used the following color combination…
These colors are really bright and cheery and paired with the Iridescent Sequin Assortment, they really make this card so fun for any celebration!
(Don’t forget to see the complete product showcase at the bottom of this post)
1. Start with a Poppy Parade Card Base cut at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Fold in half and burnish with our bone folder, set aside.
2. Cut a Poppy Parade Layer at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Run this through your Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder in an embossing machine.
3. Use a Sponge Dauber and your Uninked Stampin’ Craft Pad & Whisper White Refill to lightly sponge the entire embossed brick layer to give it a more realistic brick look.
4. Using your Balloon Bouquet Punch, punch out a large balloon in Bermuda Bay, Granny Apple Green and Mango Melody cardstock.
5. Position the balloons as shown and adhere to the front of the card using Snail Adhesive.
6. Tie 3 small bows using your Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine. Put a Mini Glue Dot on the back of your bow, position the end of a new piece of Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine on the base of a balloon and adhere it in place by sticking the bow with the Mini Glue Dot directly on top of it. Snip the tail of the balloon string as necessary. Do this to the other two balloons as well.
7. Stamp the “Let’s Celebrate You” sentiment from the Bonanza Buddies Photopolymer Stamp Set in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock.
8. Trim as necessary and use your Banner Triple Punch to make the flag on the right side of the sentiment.
9. Gather your balloon tails and use a Mini Glue Dot to adhere them to the Poppy Parade Layer underneath where your sentiment will go. This will keep the balloon tails secure in place but still allow them to look like they have some movement.
10. Pop your sentiment on top of where the Mini Glue Dot using your Stampin’ Dimensionals.
11. Scatter sequins on your card as desired. The best way to adhere them to the card is to lay them out where you want them then when you are ready to adhere, use the putty end of your Take Your Pick tool and pick up a sequin, apply a small amount of glue where you want the sequin to be using your Fine-Tip Glue Pen and then place the sequin on top of the glue.
12. Once your sequins are in place and dry, pop the whole layer on top of your card base using your Stampin’ Dimensionals and you’re card is done!
I hope you have enjoyed this card, I love it so much and am going to make a bunch more!
Don’t forget to sign up for my Tropical Oasis Stamp Camp To Go.