Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! While the COVID 19 pandemic is adding stress to our lives, we Pals hope this blog hop will help to lift your spirits. Let us inspire you to take a creative break and relax for a little while. This month our theme is “Special Occasions” where we have made a project for just about any occasion you can think of! You’ll find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today I have a sweet Mother’s Day card using hydrangeas from the Beautiful Friendship Photopolymer Stamp Set. This set is gorgeous and makes insanely beautiful cards in a snap! This card was so quick and easy to put together and I know all of the moms in my life are really going to enjoy it. I am calling this a country chic card because the Linen Thread and the Crumb Cake card base give it a bit of a country vibe. The sentiment is from the Timeless Tulips Photopolymer Stamp Set which is a great stamp set that you can use for many special occasions throughout the year.
(Don’t forget to see the complete product showcase at the bottom of this post)
Start with a 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ Crumb Cake card base. Fold in half and burnish with your bone folder.
Cut a 3 3/4″ x 5″ Highland Heather card mat and a 3 5/8″ x 4 7/8″ Whisper White layer.
Stamp 2 hydrangeas in Highland Heather at opposite corners as shown. Next stamp the leaves in Garden Green Stampin’ Ink.
Place a Mini Glue Dot on the center of the back of the Whisper White layer near the edges, this is what will hold the Linen Thread in place. Wrap the Linen Thread around the Whisper White layer 3-4 times securing against the Mini Glue Dots while you are wrapping to hold it in place.
Tie a double bow in the Linen Thread and secure to the front of the card as shown using a Mini Glue Dot.
Adhere the Whisper White layer to the Highland Heather mat and then adhere to the Crumb Cake card base using your Snail Adhesive for each layer.
Stamp the sentiment from the Timeless Tulips Photopolymer Stamp Set in Highland Heather Stampin’ Ink and cut out using your Rectangle Stitched Dies.
Pop the sentiment on the card using your Stampin’ Dimensionals and you’re done!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for Wednesday, May 13th, when we will say “Goodbye to January Mini and 2019 Annual Catalog and/or Hello to 2020 Annual Catalog.” The Design Team will showcase their favorites from the retiring catalogs or new products from the new catalog. Don’t miss the fun! And, until then, please stay safe.
Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen <<<You are HERE!
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Ink, Paper, Stamps, Oh My!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards