Welcome to the Pals’ Blog Hop! We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects for “Layer It Up” – showcasing our favorite Designer Series Paper and embellishments. You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My husband and I just celebrated our 11th anniversary this past week, so I knew that I wanted to use the card I created for him to showcase in the Pals Blog Hop. I used one of my favorite DSP packs, the Come to Gather DSP. I love fall and this paper pack has so many vibrant colors, I just love the different options you have.
Here’s a quick recap on how I made this card:
1. Start with an Early Espresso Cardstock base cut at 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″.
2. Next cut out a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of the pumpkin piece in the Come to Gather DSP pack.
3. Use the biggest circle from the Stitched Shapes Dies and cut out the spot to put your picture in. Adhere the picture to the back of the pumpkin paper and then layer this onto your Early Espresso Cardstock base.
4. Cut out 2 leaves from the Gathered Leaves Dies in Pear Pizzazz Cardstock. Cut out your frame from the Ornate Frames Dies. Stamp the sentiment from the Gather Together Photopolymer Stamp Set in Blackberry Bliss Ink.
5. Use your Snail Adhesive to adhere your Crumb Cake 5/8″ Ribbon from the Come to Gather Ribbon Combo Pack. Next use Stampin’ Dimensionals to layer your framed sentiment over the ribbon. Use Mini Glue Dots and apply them to the base of the leaf and tuck them behind the sentiment frame so that they have a bit of dimension on the card. Lastly layer on a gold Metallic Pearl in each corner. I thought this added a nice masculine touch, it reminds me of the rivets that you see on jeans.
Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom to see the full list of products used to make this card.
Bundle and SAVE!!! I used almost everything in the Come to Gather Suite for this card. I love how the suites have so many coordinating products. An added bonus when you purchase a suite of coordinating products is that you get the same 10% discount you get whenever you purchase a stamp set and its coordinating dies or punch. What a great savings!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations. Mark your calendars for Wednesday, December 11th, for our Retirement Fun Fold Party when our Design Team showcase projects using retiring products from the Holiday Catalog with a fun fold card. Don’t miss the fun!